If I could give one piece of advice to anyone, it would be to spend your mornings being super SELFISH.
You need to take care of yourself first. You can’t be a father, a mother, a brother, a sister, a team leader, or someone who is there for your clients if your own life isn’t taken care of.
I take the first two hours of my day to myself. No phone calls, no emails. I’m not even having conversations with my wife and daughter during that time. Having a consistent morning routine has changed my business practices, my personal life, and my relationships with others.
So that you can be SELFLESS the rest of the day.
I know you want to become the best at what you do. And guess what? It takes a lot of selflessness to become a top producer. To impact clients, to get referrals, to provide for your family, to take care of your parents or to help other people on the team, and ultimately grow your income.
There’s going to be a lot of selfless acts. A lot of hard work, and a lot of accountability is required.
You’ve got to be prepared for that battle.
That is why, seven days a week, I put myself first for two hours in the morning.
My morning routine holds accountable to every goal and every person in my life. I stick to a routine that is simple and repeatable:
1) My morning begins with the East Coast 5AM Call. I commit to being on the call, pump positivity into my mindset, and start the day off on a positive note.
2) The next thing I do is go to the gym. I know I have to go to the gym to get my body in a place that’s feeling good and clear my hear.
3) When I get home, I make a healthy breakfast, making sure I fuel my body with foods that will give me energy throughout the day.
4) I write my thoughts down in my journal. This allows me to scribe ideas, tasks that need to be taken care of, or frustrations.
5) After taking a shower and getting ready, around 6:45 I look over emails to get ready for my team’s 7am call. That call starts my business day.
Like I stated earlier, it’s a simple routine. Yours doesn’t have to start at 5am or look like mine, but if you start waking up earlier than you are right now, and create a routine that works for you, you will see how it has a positive effect on every aspect of your life.
We all have friends who are reactive. They are the most stressed out people you come in contact with, always on edge. People that don’t clear out any of that energy allow anxiety to build up all day long. Being consistent with your morning routine ensures you don’t become one of those people.
Take some time everyday to be super selfish so you can accomplish all the things you plan to do.
Because it’s going to take a lot of hard work to get there.